Latest News More...
|The U.S. TPE Office Opened in BPCRC|
|A new Third Pole Environment(TPE) office was open on May 16th, 2016 at Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center (BPRC) of The Ohio State University (OSU), U.S. The opening of the U.S. TPE Office corresponds with the 6th TPE workshop...|
|The 6th TPE Workshop held in Ohio/USA|
|The 6th Third Pole Environment (TPE) Workshop was successfully held in Columbus, OH, USA in May 16-18, 2016. More than 70 scientists from 14 countries of China, USA, Germany, Nepal, India, Canada, Italy, France, Netherlands, U.K.,...|
Latest Scientific AchievementsMore...
|PENAS: Species Interactions Slow Warming-induced Upward Shif...|
|Interspecific interactions are major processes controlling treeline dynamics that may account for the absence of an upward shift at some TP treelines despite continued climatic warming.|
|Greening of the Earth and its drivers|
|CO2 fertilization effects explain 70% of the observed greening trend, followed by nitrogen deposition (9%), climate change (8%) and land cover change (LCC) (4%). CO2 fertilization effects explain most of the greening trends in the...|
|Researches on the Distribution and Transport of POPs in Nepa...|
|The largest residue of soil POPs appeared at an altitude of approximately 2500 m, and may be related to absorption by vegetation and precipitation. The net deposition tendencies at the air–soil surface indicated that the Himalayas...|
Annoucement & OpportunitiesMore...
- [07-29] Abstract Submission! AGU- The Third Pole Environment (TPE) under Global Changes
- [07-28] Job Opportunities, Join Us at TPE !
- [07-28] August 8-10！The International Workshop on Land Surface Multi-spheres Processes of Tibetan Plateau
- [03-22] Apply now! 2013 TPE Science & Technology Training announced
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
- Ministry of Science and Technology, P.R. China
- Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research (ITP)
- The Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Project
- Mountain Research Initiative (MRI)
- Earth System Science Partnership (ESSP)
- International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme (IGBP)
- World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)