Latest News More...
|Two Ice Avalanches in Western Tibet May Imply More Risks|
|On 17 July 2016, the No. 48 glacier (34.03°N, 82.25°E) collapsed suddenly over Aru Co catchment in Aru village, Dongru Community，Ritu county, Ali region of Tibet, China, which flushed out huge area of pastures about10 km2. This gi...|
|CAS Youth Innovation Promotion Association Devoted a Session...|
|The Youth Innovation Promotion Association of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) devoted a session to Climate and Environmental Changes on the Third Pole region during its annual meeting this year from Nov. 16th to 18th in Chengdu,...|
Latest Scientific AchievementsMore...
|New Dataset Released: Surface Energy Balance Based Global La...|
|Satellite data on monthly evapotranspiration for global land area is now available at http://en.tpedatabase.cn/portal/MetaDataInfo.jsp?MetaDataId=249454, with a time range of 2000-03-01 to 2015-12-31 and a spatial range of -90 ~ 9...|
|Sources of Black Carbon to the Himalayan–Tibetan Plateau Gla...|
|Combustion-derived black carbon (BC) aerosols accelerate glacier melting in the Himalayas and in Tibet (the Third Pole (TP)), thereby limiting the sustainable freshwater supplies for billions of people. However, the sources of BC ...|
|Agriculture Facilitated Permanent Human Occupation of the Ti...|
|"Humans only settled permanently on the Tibetan plateau about 3600 years ago. Chen et al. examined archaeological crop remains unearthed in northeastern Tibet, which elucidate the timing of agricultural settlement. Although much e...|
Annoucement & OpportunitiesMore...
- [11-08] Call for Abstracts ! TPE Session at EGU 2017
- [07-29] Abstract Submission! AGU- The Third Pole Environment (TPE) under Global Changes
- [07-28] Job Opportunities, Join Us at TPE !
- [07-28] August 8-10！The International Workshop on Land Surface Multi-spheres Processes of Tibetan Plateau
- [03-22] Apply now! 2013 TPE Science & Technology Training announced
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
- Ministry of Science and Technology, P.R. China
- Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research (ITP)
- The Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Project
- Mountain Research Initiative (MRI)
- World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)
- Future Earth
- Chinese National Committee for Future Earth